As promised, here are 6 things we’ve grown to love love for Noura over these past 6 months! Some of the items have been linked to my Amazon storefront for easy access in case you’re on the hunt for yourself or wanting to gift a new mama or baba! xoxo
6 things we love for Nunu:
1. BioGaia Probiotic Vitamin D Drops – I wish I had tried these a lot sooner than I did! If you don’t have them, check with your doctor or paediatrician beforehand but I promise they will help so much especially if you have a colic baby!
2. Bouncer – we use this every single day without fail. It’s part of our morning routine where she sits and watches as I make breakfast, or any other meal tbh. She bounces in it while I shower, while I do laundry, while her baba works and he has to watch her etc etc etc. we love it!
3. Frida Baby chest balm – any time we hear the slightest congestion, this goes on at night and we feel it makes a difference in her breathing a little clearer the next morning.
4. Breast Pump – ufft. I was SO skeptical about pumping just because I thought it would mean my baby wouldn’t need me anymore or it would tamper with my milk supply or it was just not a good thing to do (don’t ask me why lol), and then I also didn’t want to go through the process of researching pumps on the market and paying so much money when I knew I only wanted one to use occasionally because we had so many weddings during the summer and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get my dress on/off so easily lol
I found this one on amazon and it was/is the best thing I did and completely worth the money (pretty inexpensive in comparison to others on the market) and something I wish I would have purchased earlier. Knowing I could pump and someone else could feed her later, or pumping to release and relieve myself from pain in the event she was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake her, was SUCH a relief. I haven’t tried other pumps so can’t comment on anything else, but I still use this when needed; it’s portable enough to travel with too and cordless!
5. Thermometer– the slightest change these past 6 months has us being cray cray and wanting to check her temperature to make sure she’s okay and there’s no fever lol and having a good thermometer which you can stick in the armpit and works fast is definitely something I’d recommend. We had one from amazon but that was quickly replaced by one from the drugstore because the new one just worked faster, and when you have a poorly baby who squirms and cries when somethings stuck in her armpit, you want to know what the temp is asap! We had a fever scare at around the 3 month mark with a super high temp and she just looked so unwell to the point we took her to emergency to make sure she was okay, but that thermometer was key in giving us updates and peace of mind that everything was okay!
6. Sudo Cream– your mum and her mum and all your mama friends probably swear by this and there’s a reason for it lol yes it’s that good. So much so you can also use it as a bit of a spot treatment on your own face! This has been so good at preventing diaper rashes and healing some of those under-the-neck irritations from wearing a bib. A little goes a long way and works like magic!
Are there any items you swore by during your bubbas first few months of life?! Comment below as I’m always wanting to trial some new ones! xoxo